Thursday, February 10, 2011

Post post

Roughly a month to go before my match...chomping at the bit.

Some new things.
- joined 2 volleyball intramural leagues. Now I'm coming home with sore shoulders and backs and thighs, oh my. It's good tho. Can't complain. I still need to lose the Christmas and pre-christmas weight.
- Finished my ED rotation today. My eval reads: all excellent except for the final grade - high pass. The preceptor doesn't give honors grades. Grrr. If I didn't like him so much I would've slapped him right then and there. Well, maybe not. But still, that's just messed up!
- Going home tomorrow to see the 'rents and the doggies. That should be fun!
- My check engine light needs to be addressed soon before my next inspection this month. Either I need a new catalytic converter or an O2 sensor or some sort of spacer, which could mean the difference between paying by the 10s, 100s, or 1000s. Vehicle upkeep is such an expensive pain in the ass.
- Found out a few days ago that some of the programs I applied for had never received my Step 2 scores...well thanks for letting me know sooner, Pa! I hope that doesn't affect my application, tho.
- I have developed a new affinity for shortbread cookies.
- I heart Netflix. Period.
- There are plenty of very ripe bananas in my fridge that require my immediate attention. Looks like it's banana nut bread for the weekend.
- Hearing things from nice people that presents are forthcoming. AWW YEAH! Those nice people are the bestest! Hope to see them, and you, soon =).
- Starting a new rotation come Valentine's day: Pain and Palliative Medicine. Woo. Hoo. Quite the depressing change of scenery. I'm already missing my strokes and CHFs and Lacerations =(.
- Too many friends are getting married. No, I'm not in a rush to get married myself. I just have a limited budget and so I can't exactly splurge on wedding presents as I'd like to. I like weddings. Weddings are cool.

OK, I think that's enough for now.

Song of the day: "Sugarfoot" - Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears

1 comment:

Single and Picky said...

Palliative will be just fine - chin up or I will start inundating you with death and dying info and you don't want that because of my gerontology classes aside from the built environment class it was my favourite.

As for match - take a deep breath - you'll end up where you are meant to be and it will all work out. You've done your part, the rest is not in your hands, so stop worrying about it.

As for that gift well I hope it gets to you eventually.