Saturday, May 14, 2011

First Weekday of Med School Freedom

05/09: And I spent it working on my loan repayment situation/apartment hunting.
It was quite depressing. The loan repayment situation, not so much the apartment hunting.
So far, I have organized my loans into groups according to which entities I will be making my payments to. OK, 3 so far. Not too bad. Now, comes the tricky part: which payment options to choose. Right now, I'm trying to figure out what my new cost of living will be in my new place of residence. More stuff to follow tomorrow.
Apartment hunting is going. The one apartment that I wanted, a school building rebuilt into a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom, new kitchen with brand new appliances (dishwasher, range, microwave, fridge), washer/dryer, with hardwood/tile flooring and really good natural lighting (open floor layout with lots of windows) is $1200. Unfortunately its not in my price range. Will be looking at much more approachable living accommodations on Wednesday.

05/13: Wednesday has come and gone. And sad to say, the other places still didn't pan out. It's either too expensive or the move-in date is too late. I fear, I may have waited too long and all the good places are rented. Still, I remain hopeful. I'll try again next Monday.
In other news, I floated the idea of doing a Tough Mudder event to my girlfriend earlier this afternoon. A few minutes ago, she told me that she has a tentative team ready and would undertake the next year to train for the August event in her neck of the woods. To make things more interesting, she "invited" or rather "challenged" me to join her team. I admit I am very intrigued at the prospect of training and getting fit for such an awesome obstacle course, but it is not without some doubt that I made my mind about it.
So here's to me and my big, fat mouth. :)
Hey, I got through med school...what's a little 12-mile run with 16 obstacles, right? Right???

Song of the day: "Serpentine" - Chris Bathgate

4 comments:

Jillian (Rant and Run) said...

Glad to see you back! Where are you moving to?

Looking forward to seeing how the Tough Mudder goes; I've always wanted to try one. Congrats on your freedom!

the one in the back said...

I'm moving to Danville, PA.
So we'll see how the training goes. I don't think I've trained for anything this intensive before.
Looking forward to it with cautious optimisim =)

Single and Picky said...

LMAO, yes dear watch that mouth of yours, it will get you into plenty of trouble with me. The August one is actually in Seattle 2012, Tasha thinks she'll have had their next Bean by then and be ready to fling herself off some obstacles. And yes she'll be up for it - this is the girl who took my feet out from under me while checking me into a wall in grade 11 floor hockey tryouts... fearless and brutal are words that describe her well

the one in the back said...

Sounds awesome! Tell Tasha "good luck" for me!
So I can deal w/ Seattle! I love Seattle! Especially their coffee! I wonder if they'll sponsor Tough Mudder?

BTW, piece of cool info, on my way home, I heard my local public radio station (WXPN) <-- <3...play the Civil Wars on the air. Apparently they're the "Artists To Watch" for May '11.