Thursday, April 1, 2010

What I saw today...

1. Me, being a pig in the diner @ 10am, housing down 6 thick pieces of french toast, 2 eggs over medium, and 5 pieces of bacon. I had to celebrate my good fortune of being let out early from AM class ;-)

2. A gargantuan 18-wheeler making a freakin' wide-ass turn onto mid-day traffic, skirting the middle-line divider of a 2 way street, and barely missing my poor, diminutive Honda by a hair with its over-sized chromed fender. Everything was in slo-mo.

3. A heart-broken mother, weeping for her unborn child who is dying inside her, knowing that no medical intervention can save it.

4. A cloudless, sunny afternoon with bursting cherry blossoms waving in the cool breeze.

5. A school library, nearly empty for the holidays, and me getting first pick @ all the empty cubicles! (I'm easy to please)

6. A close friend, visiting, saying good-bye and borrowing a pair of scrubs he'll need for his "medical mission" to Jamaica.

7. A Mel Brooks movie marathon on AMC! SEDAGIVE???

8. A "first look" of a movie I might catch tomorrow after work.

9. Mangoes in the fridge!

10. My bed. (I missed you!)

Some happy, some sad, some scary, some funny, but all in all, a good day.

How was yours?

Song of the day: "Heavenly Day" - Patty Griffin

6 comments:

Single and Picky said...

I love Patty.

Today has been long and slow...

1. 8am wake up - darn body which won't let me sleep in

2. Washed all the dishes that have been waiting for me

3. Bit the bullet and coloured my hair again - this time it's too dark - oh well

4. Started laundry

5. Walked in the rain to pick up more goat's milk

6. Delivered latte's to Ms. J and family - helped with moving/unpacking

7. Now on the couch trying to relax

8. Goals this weekend are:

1 SLEEP
2. Study
3. Make a lemon chiffon pie without dairy, soy or wheat/gluten
4. Visit, visit, visit the families

the one in the back said...

#3. on your list does not compute. Does not compute at all... :-P

Maybe you should read Wuthering Heights to help with the lack of sleep ;-)

Single and Picky said...

I have had 3 bad hair dye jobs as of late, and each time involved trying to go lighter, this time I though I purchased a tone that while darker was still brown. I have black hair now. The patchy spots are gone, but it's black. Oh well.

the one in the back said...

Now you can really pull of the goth/emo look.

Single and Picky said...

Hmmm goth isn't my style you know that and emo, well considering we snicker at the emo/non-gendered hipster kids I don't think that would work either.

Personally like being me - so I picked up some pink lipstick and will just have to work with what I've got...

Weekend weather is CRAZY here which I'm kind of glad about it justifies my slob/slothness. Can't exactly go out for a walk when trees are falling all over the place taking out power lines never mind the torrential weather... eek the wild west coast weather has returned

the one in the back said...

Fair enough. Torrential weather, really? Things have definitely flip flopped. It's 70+ degree weather here with a nice breeze. Did you sleep?